The other day, Kennedy and I were talking about boys (she's mildly obsessed). More specifically, the boys she has crushes on. She was telling me the reasons she liked each of them. She then proceeded to ask me why I liked Casey so much. I had very little problem coming up with a gazillion reasons why he still gives me butterflies. After listing about 15 things, Kennedy started getting bored with my explanation of grown-up infatuation and changed the subject to the new zombie movie that just came out (ParaNorman- it was way cute. Go see it). Anyway, since I didn't get a chance to tell her all of the reasons, I'm listing a bunch of them here for you to read. So that you can know how awesome my boyfriend is.
- Like the fact that he is FUNNY. We have had quite a few "laugh 'til we cry" moments. Even if I'm in a bad mood, he somehow says something completely ridiculous that makes me laugh. Bad mood over.
- He is manly. He's strong. Tall. He loves football. Basketball. Poker. Guy stuff. *Grunt. Plus, he's got the perfect amount of chest hair.
- Sweet. And charming. Cheesy. And yet....not. He'll be all sweet and romantic and say something that makes me swoon, and then he'll throw something totally sarcastic and dumb in there that makes me roll my eyes. And swoon a little more.
- He is smart. Very smart.
- He thinks I'm smart. (Which actually gives his intelligence a little less credibility...)
- He loves Kennedy. He plays with her, treats her like a princess, and she loves him right back.
- He thinks that I'm the most amazing woman in the world. And he tells me constantly. (Boy do I have him fooled.)
- He 'gets' me. If I'm upset/frustrated/sad and I'm not quite sure how to explain what I'm feeling (a/k/a being a woman), he is somehow able to say "I can imagine that you're feeling a little _______ and ______." And I'm like "Holy crap. Are you psychic?" It's pretty cool.
- Not to mention, he is devilishly handsome. *Swoon
- He encouraged me to join my family's fantasy football league. And reminds me every day to check up on my players to make sure they're not injured. It's really sweet.
- He tells me when I'm wrong (which is rare) in a way that I don't feel like I have to be defensive.
- He admits when he's wrong. And then apologizes. (Yes ladies, this man is for real.)
- He actually reads my blog, and checks it without me even telling him that I updated it. (Hi babe!)
- He thinks I'm funny.
- We make a dashing couple.
- The things about myself of which I am most self-conscious are some of the things he loves the most. (i.e. my big butt.)
- He is clean. His house is so tidy that I thought he had a maid. Nope. He is just that awesome.
- We both love to travel. Together.
- He lets me listen to whatever music I want in the car, even if it's Katy Perry.
- And even though he says that Ashlee and I have some "weird" and "obsessive" friendship, I know he secretly would love to marry both of us. Too bad for him, she's taken. Oh- and polygamy is illegal. Sorry, Casey.
- He loves his mom. He talks about her with so much love and respect. It's so sweet.
- He is super respectful. Of me. Of Kennedy. Of my family. I am never nervous to take him to my grandma's house or to a work party or anything, because I know he'll be completely respectful to everyone he meets.
- He listens to me (as much as is possible for a man to listen to a woman). And he acts interested in everything I have to say. Even if it's about flowers or cakes. Or my hair.
I honestly could go on for hours. But I think I've gone on long enough, for today. If you couldn't tell, this dude is pretty great. I think I'll keep him around for a while.
P.S. I found this hat in San Diego and I want it. I'm just putting that out there, since my birthday is coming up. Thank you in advance.