Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thanks and pics

I finally have a few minutes (and access to my mom's computer) to upload pictures to share! Huzzah!

First, however, I will continue with my November daily thanks:
Today I am thankful for the internet. How cool is it that we have nearly all of the information in the world at our fingertips- especially if you have a phone with web-browsing capabilities? Pretty dang cool. Having an argument about the spelling of "ulterior"? Or do you want to know how the moon makes the high and low tides? Or what makes the sky blue? Just look it up. Now you're smarter. Good for you. It is crazy to me how accessible all of this information is- and so instantly. It is absolutely incredible.

I am also thankful for the people in my life who make me laugh. I have some pretty hilarious friends. I also have some dang funny family members. So- thank you to all of you who make me (or have made me) laugh. Please don't stop doing that. :)

And now it's time for a lot of random pictures from my trip (so far). I have quite a few more on my actual camera (these are all from my phone), but I will put those up with a later post. Enjoy!

To start off, here is the promised picture of the glorious rainbow I saw the other day (at least the left half of it):

...and here's the other half (it was so huge!!):

This is the beach I ran to that morning. Beautiful, right?

One of the beach days.


Eating dinner with my big brother :)

We made leis one evening, and Kennedy made this one for her head. And then she totally posed like this on her own... I'm in so much trouble when she grows up.

Another beach day.

We stopped at a "dry cave"...and Kennedy decided to be scary. She did a great job.

GORGEOUS Kauai sunset.

Kayaking this morning!

In the middle of our kayak adventure, we hiked up to this waterfall:

...and because the trail was so muddy, and the only shoes we had were flip flops, it was easier to just do the trail with bare feet. It was actually quite fun.


The moon was gorgeous tonight! Full moon tomorrow night...? I can't wait :D

And, as always, I love my keiki!!

4 comments:

the mom said...

We're having so much fun! Love the pics....

Can't believe tonight is our last night here....

Sarah said...

Yay! Glad you're having so much fun in hawaii! what an adventure!

paul said...

If I were there I would have told you to get your butt off the beach and go find that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. It looked close enough. Missed opportunities. Sigh...

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful and big rainbow! I bet it was amazing to see it in person after your run. How breathtaking!