Saturday, May 14, 2011

Wishful thinking

Sometimes I get these ideas of all these projects I want to start or talents I want to develop. And then I remember I don't have time. Or money. So I just think a lot about them and talk about them and then finally move on to something else.

Also, I think I need to get new friends. The ones I have are so creative and amazing that I feel extremely inadequate. Take, for instance, my friend Carina. She designs fabric. And scrapbook stuff. She's unbelievably wonderful. Look here: www.carinagardner.com

She makes me want to sew and quilt. Or at least talk about it.

Here is some of her fabric that is coming out in June:



Now wouldn't those look cute on a quilt like.... this:


So I'm going to announce that this is my next project. Which means that it will probably never get started.

But hey- at least I'm talking about it, right? That's the first step.

10 comments:

the mom said...

It's good to dream...

Those fabrics are wonderful. You could make some really cute headbands out of them...

me said...

Those fabrics really are SUPER cute! It makes me want to do something with them. Don't worry about me...Ill never show you up on anything....Not sure why my name isnt Jane

paul said...

There are so many different ways to define creativity. I'm the type of person that is really good at creating somthing from nothing. I have always wanted to play the piano and have a better voice. I take my talents for granted as do people who have good voices. Give yourself a break. I'm sure there are a lot of people who know you who envy your contributions. Hope I didn't get to deep.

Kristin said...

What an interesting talent to have. Those are great fabrics. Perhaps you can talk about sewing and quilting while making me one of those darling cakes you create.

Ashley Rae said...

lol- Paul, you are the best. You always know how to make me smile :)

Kristin- Mmmm... cake. The next one I'll make will be for Kennedy's birthday. She has requested a Scooby Doo cake. Should be fun!

Shilo said...

We can be uncreative friends...
I always feel like my friends way outshine me as well...
And I have way tooo many projects in my head that'll probably never get accomplished either!
BTW - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Sara B. Larson said...

I am so not crafty either, and I am surrounded by amazingly talented people. I feel your pain! ;) I always say, "I write books, I don't craft." ha ha. Anyway, that looks like a way cute project. You can do it!

Sarah said...

what CUTE fabrics. if only we all had more time. and money. i really wish i would win the lottery.

melanie33 said...

hey, i can be your new friend. I don't have creativity pulsing through my viens, just diet coke with lime. and chocolate. and cheese flavored popcorn. and pizza. and probably a BLT.
see?
you get the point.
you've got a creative-less/talentless friend in me.

Brandon Pearce said...

Ashley, you're the kind of person who would be great at just about anything you put your mind to. Unfortunately, there's only so much time in life, so we have to pick and choose some things... Personally, I'd rather have a nice cake than a quilt. :)