Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Still not seeing things. But having fun.

In my last blog post, I mentioned that I was going to have eye surgery done so that I would finally be able to have perfect vision. Well... here I am, two months later, still not seeing anything without my glasses. Back in November, when I went in for the consultation, they told me I needed to go without my contacts for 2 WHOLE MONTHS before they would do it. (Luckily, they said I could wear soft contacts during most of the time, so I didn't have to suffer with my glasses.)  Finally, after waiting for 2 (very long) months, I am scheduled to have my eyes poked and prodded on Monday!! I am more ready than ever to get my eyes done. So excited! Gahh!!

Even though I couldn't see anything very well, I made the best of those next two months by filling them up with a LOT of stuff. Fun stuff.  And since that stuff is more exciting than my rant about having to wait to get my eye surgery, I shall tell you all about it. (This is going to be a long post. As per usual. Sorry-not-sorry.)

Thanksgiving happened! And so did a wedding. (No, not mine.)
We made the trek up to Idaho to spend Thanksgiving weekend with my soon-to-be in-laws. Aren't they a lovely bunch? (This is only half of them, btw.)

The Saturday after Thanksgiving, Casey's younger sister Abby got married.  On the way to the wedding, Kennedy's job was to entertain her adorable little cousin, Julietta. She did a great job. We are seriously obsessed with this baby girl.

The wedding was a lot of fun. Congrats Abby & Ether! Casey's family is pretty dang amazing. (This is a picture of ALMOST all of them.) I can't wait until I can officially call them MY family. 

Our Christmas card happened. (Yes. This is supposed to be a joke. It's ok to laugh, don't worry.)


And to prove that we are actually semi-normal, we also had some 'nice' family photos taken. (By my oh-so-talented mother.)

Santa happened. And we sat on his lap. Kennedy asked for ski clothes for her American Girl Doll. I asked for a vacation. Casey asked for an amazing girlfriend. Santa totally delivered.


Kennedy's haircut happened. She chopped her hair right off. And it looks so dang cute!


Craftiness happened. What is Christmas without a gingerbread house? No Christmas at all, I tell you.


Ice skating happened. (I figured you'd rather see a picture of our smiling faces than our awkwardly skating feet.)


Christmas happened! We filled up my advent calendar (made by said oh-so-talented mother), so we knew it was time for Christmas.


Maddie could smell her present, and was so confused as to why we wouldn't let her open it. Basically it's because we're big fat jerks. (Awww, she looks so sad...)

Luckily she forgave us on Christmas morning. 

Since Kennedy was with her dad for Christmas, Casey and I went to Vegas to spend the week with his family!! So...

Las Vegas happened!

We drove down there with Casey's younger brothers. Aren't they so cute?

We were spoiled with an incredible Christmas dinner at Abby's new in-law's house, who served us a beautiful Chinese meal. With sushi. Yes, it's perfectly normal to be jealous. 

We also had yet another Christmas dinner with (most of) the family the following evening. It was so much fun to spend time with them. Thank you Emily for hosting all of this while you were almost 9 months pregnant!! You're  amazing. And thank you to Alex for cooking us such a gourmet meal. Wow.

I saw my first Cirque du Soleil show. It was so cool! (And pretty weird. But mostly cool.)

I spent LOTS of time with this girl. Ohmygosh. I love her. She is just too cute for words. And she has me wrapped around her finger. Like 5 times. (I told you I was obsessed.)


After we got home from Vegas, New Year's Eve happened. And so did a little shindig at our house, with our beautiful friends. Hello beautiful friends!!


One might think that we were celebrating St. Patrick's Day, with the attire and decorations. But nope. We just like green, I guess.

Kisses happened at midnight. (I can still hear Kennedy and her friends saying "EEEWWW!!" "GROSS!! They're KISSING!")

New Year's Day happened.  I took full advantage of my day off with Kennedy. We went swimming, got pedicures, and took a painting class. Great way to start 2014.




Lots of skiing has happened. And a lot of awesomeness.

Family skiing


Girl-day skiing


And awesomeness.


And Maddie's birthday happened. Happy 1st birthday, Madison Sparkle Price!! 


So. To sum it all up, we've had quite a bit of fun. I can't really complain.

Except... I'm going to.

This is the time of year when I generally get so sick of the nasty poisonous Utah air that I escape to a tropical destination somewhere... and unfortunately, that just isn't happening right now. So yes. I actually CAN complain. See? This is me complaining.

I don't like nasty dirty polluted stinky air.

I don't like the freezing cold.

I don't like dirty month-old icy snow.

I don't like being worried about doing anything outside because the air quality is "hazardous."

I don't like fish. (To eat.)

Or mushrooms.

Ok, enough Debbie Downer-ness for today. Sorry.

I am going to focus on the fact that on Monday, I will be able to SEEEEEE!!!  Also, I will take comfort in the fact that, even though Utah sucks in January, 6 months from now I will be on the beautiful beaches of Cancun with the man I will then be calling my husband!  :)  (Until that time, I will keep myself busy with wedding plans so I can try to forget about the nasty air I am breathing.)

3 comments:

Brandon said...

Looks like some fun times recently! That Chinese meal looks amazing!!! Love the paintings you both made. And Cancun? That will be awesome. Good luck on your surgery. May you see forever and ever more. That will be easier once a Clear Day appears and the inversion is gone.

the mom said...

How did I miss this post? You have such a fun writing style - makes me smile and laugh throughout. Thank you for continuing to blog, even though I'm over a year behind now on mine...

Unknown said...

Yes, Brandon- because it has been said that on a clear day you can see forever...