Friday, November 14, 2008

Much thanks

Ok. So apparently we are NOT skipping Thanksgiving, this year. Whew. That's a relief.

And, in light of Thanksgiving, my wonderful Aunt Kristin (aka "Aunt Krissy") made a list of things she was thankful for on her blog, and encouraged her readers to do the same. I am one of those readers, and I obliged. So here I go. Things I am currently thankful for:

Apples and caramel dip. Mmmm. Apples are good, but let's face it, everything is better with a bit of refined sugar.

Fall leaves. I love walking outside to my car and hearing the "crunch" of the leaves (not of the bugs) under my feet.

The internet. (Kristin said this one, but I whole-heartedly agree.) Honestly, how cool is it that you can win a bet for a back massage in, like, 10 seconds, when you're arguing over how to spell "ulterior"? (Yes, I won.)

These pictures:













They are both pictures of Kennedy. And that little blue square with arms and legs? Yeah, that's Spongebob. If you look closely enough you can even see his 2 buck teeth.

My mom. She has always been supportive of everything I've ever wanted to do, and is someone I can be fun and goofy with. I love her.

Shoes. ... ... *sigh* ... ... ... ... Oh, I'm sorry. Where was I? Oh yes. What I'm thankful for.

My piece of crap car. It's a piece of junk. But it's paid for. And it gets me from point A to point B. Slowly. But surely.

The holidays. (Pretty much from Halloween until New Year's.) I love the excitement, the love, family closeness, decorations, smells, sights, sounds...just everything. I'm easy to please.

Justin. Even though he's SO stressed with school, work and band, he still finds time to spend with Kennedy and me. AND he only has 7 months left until he graduates!! (Nursing, for those of you who don't know.)

My job. Trust me, I'd prefer to not HAVE to work. But since I have to, I like where I work and I'm glad I have a job.

Church. Although I complain many Sundays that I'd rather just sleep, or read, or play, or relax, etc., once I actually am there, I usually love it. And so does Kennedy.

Sleep. Need I say more?

Girlfriends. Nothing is better than having a GNO (girl's night out) and just ranting, laughing, eating and reminiscing.

Kennedy. SUCH a happy, funny, smart, beautiful, clever, sweet little 4-year-old. She just lights up my life and keeps me laughing. And stressing. But mostly laughing.

Chocolate. Obviously. And, in case you were wondering, my "wanting to eat healthy" lasted for a whole 2 hours. Will power and I don't go together very well.


Your turn. What are you thankful for?

7 comments:

melanie33 said...

flushing toilets, flat irons, wellness (when I have it), tv shows like the biggest loser that give me someone to really dislike, and children who rarely complain. What, are there children who rarely complain? If so, I want one.

Kristin said...

Excellent. See, I didn't know anything about your crap piece of car, and now I know you appreciate it's faithful service. And those shoes are really cute, by the way.

Craig is enjoying apples and caramel dip these days as well. I just bought some for him at the store this afternoon. Sadly I cannot indulge in the refined sugar these days...

People should start getting a clue not to place bets with you. How many times, honestly, have you ever lost?? Probably, like, none. You're a smart cookie.

Sarah said...

What a great post! We, as in everyone, need to focus on the what we're thankful for more.

And I LOVE those shoes too!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the inspiring post. You crack me up!!

Sharee said...

Hey! So I have this recipe book called "deceptively deicious" that you should try. It had normal everyday food, like chicken nuggets, for example, but it hides pureed veggies in it. I just got the book from my mom and I am super excited to try the recipes, I spent all day today pureeing vegetables. Anyway, I just thought I would put it out there to help you eat healthy?? IT also has desserts that hide veggies in them too. If you want more info, just ask. :)

Michelle said...

A very complete list. I'm also thankful for the internet, because I get to read wonderful blogs written by wonderful women!

Schwartz Family said...

Im thankful for your wonderful blog to entertain me while I sit here bored to death at work! Keep on bloggin!