Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Long time no entry

Waazzzaaaahhhhhhp?? (Could someone please remind me why that got old so quickly?)

Ok, it's been a while. So sue me. Don't, actually. But I apologize profusely, whether you sue me or not.

My excuse? Vacation, 6 year anniversary and Mother's Day. I'm only going to blog about one of those because the other 2 were fairly uneventful (in comparison).

SEATTLE, BABY!!!

We, the Ashleye, had a freaking blast in Seattle. Lots of shopping, eating, shopping, eating, pedicures, more eating and relaxing. Since my camera is basically broken ("basically" = not fully broken, but mostly- so I was able to get a few pictures out of it), I borrowed Ashlee's camera whenever I wanted to take a picture. She has been busy (not to mention 4 months pregnant), so I have graciously forgiven her for not sending me the pictures the day we arrived home. I still have yet to receive them, but I am a forgiving person. But only because she is carrying my future babies. Oh! And she's having GIRLS!!!! (I'm still voting for Ashley and Ashlee for names.)
Even though I don't have the pictures from Ashlee's camera, my mother, being the AMAZING photographer she is, took lots of fun pictures and she (not being 4 months pregnant) sent me a bunch of the ones she took. So, I'll post some that I have, now (the few that I took, and some of my mother's), and maybe later I'll reward all of you with another blog post with MORE pictures of me. (I know, you're so excited you're about to pee your pants, aren't you?)

We ate at some amazing restaurants, got 2 pedicures, spent way too much money, ate way too much food, slept way too much, but it was worth all of it. We always have a blast together.

This was at the salon- there's a mural of a beach behind us- and a huge mirror in front of us. ...And you thought we were sitting on leather seats at the beach. Silly you. There's no tropical beach in Seattle.

And we seriously didn't plan it- but we both chose nail polish that matched our sandals. We didn't bring our sandals to the salon- so we didn't realize the uncanny color choice until we got back to our suitcases. Crazy, huh? Ya.

Standing inside the most amazing garden store in the universe (in the part of the universe that that I've visited), Molbak's.

We got hungry. Who ever said rocks weren't delicious? (Notice her cute little belly???)

And we had a moment of silence at the restaurant while I savored my $25 Filet Mignon from The Keg Steakhouse. I was about to cheat on Justin with this big hunk of meat. (I apologize if this picture grosses some of you out- but I had to post it... I was in love with it for about 15 minutes.)
About 10 years ago, my mother took this same picture (same pose) of my step-sister (Lauren) and me, both wearing bathing suits while we were walking away from her. I was SO embarrassed. I hated my butt. When I was getting all whiney with her (being a teenager, and all) for taking that picture of my "ugly butt," she said, "I'll bet that 10 years from now, you'll look back and wish that your butt still looked like this." Man, was she right. It must be all that Filet Mignon... and ice cream... and chocolate....
(Ashlee has a nice little butt. Maybe it's because she doesn't eat Filet Mignon. I'd rather enjoy my delicious red meat and get a big booty than sacrifice my 15 minute love affair.)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea, prior to your near orgasm at the Keg, that you were so fond of steak.... you were obviously having a religious experience :) I'm so glad you splurged.

It was so much fun having you guys here - thanks for sharing your girls vacation with me. Too bad we didn't know Ashlee was having girls then - we would have had so much fun at the baby stores : )

I promise to send you more photos for your blog as well... Kathy just left this morning so I should have some time over the next few days.

Can't wait for you to visit again!

melanie33 said...

is it wrong that it is like 830 am and the picture of that steak made my mouth water? I think sadly, it is very wrong and that is why I couldnt even post a picture of MY butt seeing as how the internet would crash and be forever broken. sad. But I am glad you got a girly trip. I want one. Note to self: go out and get me and Ashlee.

Lisa said...

Looks like you hade a WAY fun time! So...if you check my blog and see pictures from my baby shower, I just want you to know that you were invited. Some people's invitations got lost in the mail, so I hope you at least got yours. I didn't want you to feel bad...

Sarah said...

You are hilarious! I love the way you describe your va-ca. Sounds like a blast. Which color were you? Pink or black? Pedicures are the best. they have a way of making me feel specail.

me said...

I love reading your blog posts! Why dont you update more often? You have a way of making me laugh and also a way of making me feel inadequate(not your fault im just in one of those moods today). I absolutely love how creative you are and although that steak didnt look very good to me I really do want a YUMMY steak! Man am I random or what!? Nice toes! We should get a pedicure sometime, Ive never been.

Smiley Family said...

How funny! That is, that you just went on vacation with your friend Ashlee and I just went on vacation to see my best friend Jamie! hehe

Ashley Rae said...

Thanks for having us, mom- we had so much fun. We'll have to do it again, for sure. :)

Sarah- my toes were pink. And still are.

Janica- I am all for going. Let's do it tomorrow. Tim is buying, right?

Anastasia Reina said...

Ash..

Sounds like your vaca was awesome, I wish I had a friend like that to go on trips with, none of my girlfriends would ever go anywhere with out their men. I'm jealouse!!...and I am dying to go to seattle! Anyway, You should read The Host. I am to chapter 11 it's getting really good..also, the special edition of eclipse is out the 31st of may and it will have the first chapter of breaking dawn!!!

Lindsey said...

okay, first I was reading your mom's comment and she is hilarious. Unless, that isnt your mom, but whoever it is they are funny...
I'm so jealous of your Seatlle trip with your friend. And the Ashleye thing is so smart....Everybody needs a friend like that to go places with..

CAMI said...

ok i luv the steak pic it made me hungry! Im jelous your done with the moving im just starting. I luv the pedicures- I want one!

Angelique Archuleta said...

Awesome, sounds like a blast! I wish I could take a vacation. And about the butt vs. filet, I'm with you! I too have a candid picture of my butt from 6 years ago, and man would I love to have it back again. :) We're still beautiful in our own way!